Saturday, September 17, 2005

"Oh Ophelia.. You're Breaking My Heart.." - What Too Soon?

Perhaps it is too soon after Katrina to make jokes about another storm with a name. I'm not worried, I've never been one to follow social norms anyway.

All that said, it has been raining all-together too much here in Canada the past few days, and reknowned forecasters the likes of Dallas Storm, Dallas Reigns and Cecilia Chu are all informing us that Ophelia is to blame.

When I lived in Southern California, I eventually got used to the non-stop rain in February and March. At first I was like "Whhaaa? Albert Hammond LIED to me.. " I finally realized that song lyrics are not a verbal contract. Learned that lesson the hard way. Regardless, two months of rain for 10 months of nearly perfect sunshine and the chance of running into Pauly Shore at the AM/PM. This was a fair deal in my book.

While nobody has ever written a song about it not raining in Canada, it's kind of a given. We are supposed to get a 'normal' amount of rain. Seattle gets the amount of rain that makes grunge rockers take enormous amounts of drugs or their own lives.

We are supposed get a day or two here and there. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it has now been raining for exactly Jesus-Kabillion days, give or take.

I'll write again after I finish the ark.

1 Comments:

Blogger Workman said...

Perhaps you can write the definitive song on Canadian Rain.

Something along the lines of:

"Oh, they say there is an average amount of rain in Canada.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, the monthly averages vary little throughout the year!

"Oh baby, Toronto gets 3.0 inches in July, and 2.3 inches in March, and that's about as different as it gets."

"It rains an average amount in Canada."

"They measure their rain in millimeters, so that last verse means little to actual Canadians."

"Double it and add thirty."

"Oh wait, that's temperature."

...you get the idea.

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home